- Home of the “Mannschaft”: RTL Television secures the
broadcasting rights for 28 more games of the German
national soccer team.
- Allez les bleus: M6 scores record ratings with broadcasts of
the European soccer championship in France.
- Digital growth: RTL Group’s online video offers generate
more than 20 billion views a month.
- Penguin Random House publishers sell an additional
2.2 million copies of Paula Hawkins’ 2015 debut novel
“The Girl on the Train,” and 3.8 million copies of the novels
“Me Before You” and “After You” by Jojo Moyes.
- US Pulitzer Prizes are awarded for three authors: Joby
Warrick, “Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS”; T. J. Stiles,
“Custer’s Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America”;
and William Finnegan, “Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life.”
- Verlagsgruppe Random House establishes Penguin Verlag
to publish literary German-language fiction and nonfiction.
- Expansion of the growth area Content Communication:
G+J launches Territory, Europe’s largest provider of contentdriven
- More relevance in the ad sales market: Gruner + Jahr
announces “Ad Alliance” marketing cooperation with
Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland.
- “Landlust,” “Essen & Trinken” and more: G+J and
Landwirtschaftsverlag Münster found Deutsche Medien-
- The Roger Waters signing is one of the music industry’s
most important deals of the first half of 2016 and marks
another creative milestone in the history of BMG.
- With BMG’s support, Rick Astley releases his first album in
ten years – and his most successful in 30 years.
- BMG songwriters contribute to more than 20 number-one
albums in the United States, UK and Germany, including
releases from Rihanna, Beyoncé and Volbeat.
- Thanks to new international clients and the commissioning
of a new distribution center in Gennep, the Netherlands,
Arvato is further expanding its business activities in the
strategic growth sector of e-commerce services.
- A service center with space for approximately 1,400
employees opens in Gurgaon, India.
- Arvato Financial Solutions opens “IT Development and
Innovation” center in Tallinn.
- Prinovis UK‘s efforts to acquire new customers are proving
successful, contributing to long-term capacity utilization at
its Liverpool site.
- Sonopress becomes the world’s first replication company
to offer fully automated production of 4K discs, which have
a storage capacity of up to 100 gigabytes.
- On an expansionist course: the online education provider
Relias Learning achieves double-digit growth in the domestic
US market and expands to Europe.
- Bertelsmann holding Udacity expands its international
activities and develops new Nanodegree programs.
- The online education platform HotChalk grows with new
and existing partner universities.
- BAI makes significant contributions to Group net income
through capital gains from disposals.
- Strategic investment vehicles strengthen Bertelsmann’s
activities in growth regions and successfully serve as a
digital trend scout for the Group.